Updated May 2018
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Arbela Technologies Corporation (“Arbela”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By visiting an Arbela website or providing personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy. If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy (and any applicable Country or Web Site Privacy Statements), do not use Arbela Internet Sites, contact Arbela, or Submit Data to Arbela via Internet form.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
Limitations on the Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
To the extent required by applicable law, whenever Arbela collects personal information on an Arbela Internet Site, Arbela will:
• provide timely and appropriate notice to you about its data practices;
• collect, use, disclose and transfer your personal information only with your consent, which may be express or implied, depending on the sensitivity of the personal information, legal requirements, and other factors;
• collect your personal information only for specific, limited purposes. The information we collect will be relevant, adequate and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected;
• process your personal information in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected or to which you have subsequently consented;
• take commercially reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete, and, where necessary, kept up-to-date;
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal Information you disclose to us
In short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, job title, company details, and payment information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as a credit card number, and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics is automatically collected when you visit our Sites.
Like many businesses, when you access and use an Arbela Sites, there are 3 ways we may collect information about you:
1. Information Sent to Us by Your Web Browser
Arbela collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser. This information typically includes the IP address of your Internet service provider, the name of your operating system, browser and device characteristics, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. The information we receive depends on the settings on your web browser. Please check your browser if you want to learn what information your browser sends or how to change your settings. The information provided by your browser does not identify you personally. We use this information to create statistics that help us improve our sites and make them more compatible with the technology used by our Internet visitors
2. Information You Knowingly and Voluntarily Provide
Arbela collects the information you knowingly and voluntarily provide when you use an Arbela Internet Site, for example, the information you provide when you sign up to receive email alerts, when you complete a survey, or when you ask us a question or email us with feedback. In many cases, this information will be personal information. Arbela uses this information for the purposes for which you provide it. We may also use the information we collect on Arbela Internet Sites for various business purposes such as customer service, fraud prevention, market research, improving our products and services, and providing you and your company with information and offers we believe may be of interest to you. We may also remove all the personally identifiable information and use the rest for historical, statistical or scientific purposes.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, as well as other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information, marketing leads and search results, and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
Links to Third Party Internet Sites
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests (“Business Purposes”), in order to enter into or perform a contract with you (“Contractual”), with your consent (“Consent”), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations (“Legal Reasons”). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications for Business Purposes. We and/or our third-party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time.
- To send administrative information to you for Business Purposes and/or Legal Reasons. We may use your personal information to send you product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Request feedback for our Business Purposes. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites for our Business Purposes. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies for Business Purposes and/or for Legal Reasons.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm for Legal Reasons. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
Arbela will never sell personal information collected from its Internet sites to mailing list brokers or other third parties. Arbela may share your personal information with third parties we hire to perform services for us. These third parties are required to use the personal information we share with them only to perform services on our behalf and to treat your personal information as strictly confidential. In some cases, Arbela may share your personal information with third parties who partner with us to provide products and services to our customers. When we do so, we will require our business partners to use the personal information we share with them in a manner consistent with the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you subsequently consented) and only as permitted under this Policy, any applicable Country or Web Site Privacy Statements, and all applicable privacy and data protection laws. In certain, limited circumstances we may share or transfer personal information to unrelated third parties.
For example, we may provide personal information to a third party for the following reasons:
- at your request.
- to comply with a legal requirement or court order.
- to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft.
- in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution of Arbela or an Arbela business unit.
- under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal information.
Information Collected by Placing a “Cookie” On Your Computer
Arbela may obtain information about you by installing a “tag” on your computer’s hard drive. This tag is known as a “cookie.” All Arbela Internet Sites use “session cookies.” A session cookie is used to tag your computer with a computer-generated, unique identifier when you access our site. A session cookie does not identify you personally and expires after you close your browser. We use session cookies to collect statistical information about the ways visitors use our sites’, which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page. We analyze this information in statistical form to better understand our visitor’s interests and needs to improve the content and functionality of our sites. Some Arbela Internet sites also use “persistent cookies.” These cookies do not expire when you close your browser; they stay on your computer until you delete them. By assigning your computer a unique identifier, we are able to create a database of your previous choices and preferences, and in situations where these choices or preferences need to be collected again, they can be provided by us automatically, saving you time and effort. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit an Arbela Internet Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of the site if your browser rejects our cookies.
5. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
Arbela retains all personal information collected on Arbela Internet Sites and web forms as long as necessary to provide the services, products, and information you request or as permitted by applicable law.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we reserve the right to keep any information in our archives that we deem necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Access to Personal Information
6. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
Your personal information will generally be stored in Arbela databases or databases maintained by our service providers. Most of these databases are stored on servers located in the United States. To the extent required by law, if your personal information will be transferred outside your country an appropriate notice will be provided. Arbela maintains reasonable safeguards to protect the confidentiality, security, and integrity of your personal information. For example, we use secure socket layer (SSL) technology to transfer personal information over the Internet. Although we use security measures to help protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure, misuse or alteration, as is the case with all computer networks linked to the Internet, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
7. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow you greater access to and control you’re your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, you have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the Contact Arbela below.
- In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under Contact Arbela below.
- You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the "unsubscribe" or "opt-out" link in the marketing emails we send you. Registered users can manage their account settings and email marketing preferences as described in the "Choices Regarding Your Personal Information" section below. If you are an unregistered user, or to opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), you may contact us using the contact details provided under Contact Arbela below.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies.
8. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will make updates to this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
Arbela reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add or remove any portion of this policy, in whole or in part, at any time. Changes in Policy will be effective when posted. You agree to review this Policy periodically to be aware of any changes. Your continued use of the Site after any changes to this Policy will be considered acceptance of those changes.
9. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have any questions about this Policy or our use of your personal information, you may email us at email@example.com or by post to:
Arbela Technologies Corp.,
7700 Irvine Center Drive, Suite 950
Irvine, California, 92618