Practice Area: BI
Location: North America (Remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director of BI
Years of Experience: 5+ years
a. Travel 25-30% for client kick offs, training customers and project go-lives (majority work remote).
b. Work on 1-3 projects at a given time depending on project scope and size. a. Project Type: Customer / Embed with D365 projects. b. Project Type: Customer / Not related to D365 projects. c. Project Type: BI-as-a-Service. Dedicated hours to BIaaS customer base.
c. Project approach: Agile = iterative and collaborative. Focused on Roles and Questions first before technology. This drives then all technical work to deliver fast and often. Win trust and user adoption and repeat as a template to roll out across org.
d. Project Tasks:
- Design data warehouse, Kimball based methodology, to include customer specific needs.
- Work with SQL SSIS / Azure Data Factory for assisting in transformation.
- Azure Automation for data warehouse automation and activities on SQL Azure.
- Work with SQL Azure, SQL Azure DW and SQL on-premise.
- Work with tabular models. (Within Power BI and also Azure Analysis Sevrices.)
- Assist in data story telling and a focus on making sure the technical work aligns with the specific questions to-be answered or business outcomes targeted.
- Work with Azure Data Catalog and creation of Source-to-Target mapping, including updating Azure Data Catalog instance for customers for meta-data tracking / change control / control of semantic layer artifacts.
- Visio diagrams / ERD / pipelines / swim lanes, etc. that help describe and map data.
- Data wrangling concept and ability to perform data discovery to help customers with questions they *don’t* know to ask yet.
- Mapping from source systems and guide BI developers for stage schema scripts that feed at the correct grain of data in order to support trusted facts.
- Assist data science projects as needed with data modeling before and after consumption by AI / ML Models.
- Work on Arbela Data Insights data warehouse automation for Dynamics 365.
e. Work with team members to have a successful resourceful team (it is not about having all the answers, it is about being able to find the correct one).
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story.
Arbela was recently named as one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.