Microsoft Dynamics AX – Project Manager and Solution Architect
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Location: North America — Southern California and Mid-West preferred
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Programs Office Lead
Years of Experience: 7+ years
Arbela is looking to hire an experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX Project Manager and Solution Architect to join and lead its important Microsoft Dynamics AX projects. In this role, you will be building on Arbela’s position as a trusted advisor. You will lead the delivery and development of Arbela’s solutions to some of Arbela’s most important clients meanwhile providing a vision for technology and leadership in Arbela’s implementations.
- Leads the customer delivery team providing end-to-end project management and assists in the pre-sales process for Dynamics AX for customer engagements
- Plans activities, scope, goals and deliverables that support our client’s business goals and solution delivery
- Leverage’s Arbela’s implementation methodology, creates and manages project plans and artifacts
- Coordinates project resources to execute activities with Program’s Office (PMO) and fellow project managers.
- Leads discovery meetings and requirements sessions to identify customer needs
- Leads solution design, system architecture process
- Tracks progress against deliverables, adjusts plans as required and provides regular status reporting to senior leadership and customers
- Proactively manages project budget, dependencies, risk and critical path
- Directly interacts with customers as their main point of contact
- Resolves conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships. Mitigates issues or escalates appropriately to management
- Leads, motivates, and develops the project team staff
- Manages project quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provides ongoing input to the delivery practice through suggestions and implementations of practice improvements
- Leads system architecture process
- Creates and reviews technical documentation on as needed basis
- Provides technical support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS or related field
- Excellent communication, presentation, training, client relationship and analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience presenting and interfacing with C-level executives
- Customer oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be highly effected in a virtual team organization
- Expert on delivering ERP, CRM, and SCM solutions on within the Microsoft platform including Dynamics AX and CRM. Credible across all Microsoft products
- Experience managing multiple full lifecycle implementations.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, AX 7
- Proven Project Management and Solutions Architecture experience
- Multiple examples of major enterprise services project delivery successes
- Demonstrated expertise in project estimation and phase breakdown of work programs
- Experience “turning around” projects that initially had significant delivery or technical issues
- Familiar with agile implementation methodology
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and nebulous environment with limited direction
- Good time management, well-organized, consistently meets commitments and creates high-level deliverables
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems or issues before they occur or become critical
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship
- Identifies high-potential employees and stimulates their growth
- Demonstrated expertise mentoring technology personnel
- Self-starter with the ability to work within an operating framework
- Demonstrated pre-sales ability
- Ability to evangelize Arbela’s solution offerings to our clients and communicate the business impact of new products and technologies
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- PMP Certification
- Dynamics AX, CRM knowledge, and implementation experience
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel. Travel will be limited to 50% or less – depending on the geography
Level of Independence:
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft-based ERP, CRM, SCM solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story. Arbela was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients.We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics AX pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new AX solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus.
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.