Microsoft Dynamics AX - Project Manager
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Location: North America — Southern California and Mid-West preferred
Job Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Project Delivery Lead
Experience: 3+ or a Master’s Degree in Information System’s Management
Arbela is looking to hire a Junior Microsoft Dynamics AX Project Manager to manage Microsoft Dynamics AX projects. In this role, you interact with the client on a daily basis and lead the implementation team of consultants to complete allocated tasks. You will be under the supervision of a Sr. Project Manager, in which he/she will be your primary escalation point for issues and risks.
- Leads the customer delivery team providing end-to-end project management and assists in the pre-sales process for Dynamics AX for customer engagements
- Plans activities, scope, goals, and deliverables that support our client’s business goals and solution delivery
- Leverage’s Arbela’s implementation methodology creates and manages project plans and artifacts
- Coordinates project resources to execute activities with Project Management Office (PMO) and fellow project managers.
- Leads discovery meetings and requirements sessions to identify customer needs
- Leads solution design, system architecture process
- Tracks progress against deliverables adjusts plans as required and provides regular status reporting to senior leadership and customers
- Proactively manages project budget, dependencies, risk and critical path
- Directly interacts with customers as their main point of contact
- Resolves conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships. Mitigates issues or escalates appropriately to management
- Leads, motivates, and develops the project team staff
- Manages project quality to ensure customer satisfaction
- Provides ongoing input to the delivery practice through suggestions and implementations of practice improvements
- Leads system architecture process
- Creates and reviews technical documentation on as needed basis
- Provides technical support
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management, Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Excellent communication, presentation, training, client relationship and analytical skills
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work within an operating framework
- Customer service oriented attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to be highly effected in a virtual team organization
- Familiar with agile implementation methodology
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and nebulous environment with limited direction
- Good time management, well-organized, consistently meets commitments and creates high-level deliverables
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems or issues before they occur or become critical
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship
- Identifies high-potential employees and stimulates their growth
- Demonstrated expertise mentoring technology personnel
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- Master’s Degree in Information Systems Management. Degrees in Business Administration, Computer Science or related field also acceptable
- PMP Certification
- Experience working with a multicultural and/or multilingual team across several time zones
- Experience in delivering ERP/CRM/SCM solutions on within the Microsoft platform including Dynamics AX and CRM.
- Experience managing full lifecycle implementations of information systems.
- Broad knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, AX 7
- Proven Project Management experience
- Experience in project estimation and phase breakdown of work programs
- Experience “turning around” projects that initially had significant delivery or technical issues
- Demonstrated pre-sales ability
- Demonstrated experience presenting and interfacing with C-level executives
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel. Travel will be limited to 75% or less – depending on the geography
Level of Independence:
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
Arbela is a Gold Microsoft Partner, operating within the Microsoft ERP, CRM, SCM solutions. Arbela is one of the most successful Microsoft partners in the industry, recently achieving the 2006 President’s Club for Microsoft Dynamics. Arbela was also recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients. We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics AX pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new AX solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance, and performance related bonus.
- Ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.