Microsoft Dynamics AX – Sr. Technical Consultant/Architect
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Location: North America - Southern California preferred
Job Type: Full-time/Part-time
Reports To: Director of Technology
Years of Experience: 5+ years
Arbela is looking to hire an experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX – Sr. Technical Consultant/Architect to join and lead its large Microsoft Dynamics AX practice. As a member of the professional services team you will be working closely and effectively with our customers and responsible for reviewing clients’ business process, providing solid analysis, assessing solutions and advising our customers on how to best meet their goals.
We need people who are experts in the next focus areas:
- Complex application and BI development
- Data migration
- Performance optimization
- Environment and release management
A successful Technical Consultant should have very deep practical hands on experience in at least two indicated areas above. In order to qualify as a Technical Architect, a candidate should be an expert in 4 technical areas.
- Providing technical leadership on our projects
- Designing and development of applications, software modules and solutions
- Managing assigned tasks, requirements analysis, technical architecture design, technical documentation, business logic development, and code performance optimization
- Providing technical training and support
- Contributing valuable assets to Arbela knowledge base
- Representing Arbela in a professional manner
In addition, an Architect will be responsible for:
- Coordinating a team of Technical consultants
- Managing the overall scope of a solution to conclusion
- Making the overall architectural decisions paired with leadership to drive the technical effort across teams, and to translate their knowledge into an overall architectural design on smaller projects
- Providing technical Q&A and guidance for multiple implementation projects
- A minimum of 5+ years Dynamics AX technical design and development experience (X++, C#, SSRS and BI development)
- Candidates should have participated in a minimum of 3-4 MS full life cycle Dynamics AX implementations projects in a role of a Developer, Technical consultants or Technical Architect
- Strong passion to deliver high quality solutions
- Experience in MS Dynamics AX 2012 R2, R3 and AX7
- Experience with Visual Studio and in .NET development
- Experience in upgrading to the latest releases of Dynamics AX (code and data upgrade)
- Experience in complex data migration (using DIXF, third party tools, Atlas and custom development)
- Experience in complex integration development (web services, DIXF, .net custom client-server applications, knowledge of standard web services and integration protocols – oData, SOAP, JSON, REST, SSIS, direct SQL, Azure logic apps)
- Experience in performance optimization (X++ application code, troubleshooting AX components, AXPerf, LCS Environment monitoring, SQL performance optimization)
- Experience in environment and release management (ALM, TFS, Build processes, Environment management, Installation and configuration of AX and related components)
- Experience with two or more MS Dynamics functional areas, preferably: Finance, Trade & Logistics, Warehouse Management, Sales, Marketing, Service, Production, Manufacturing, and other modules
- Working knowledge of process development and industry specific best practices
- Ability to organize, prioritize estimate and deliver tasks meeting deadlines
- Confidence and willingness to learn
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- Experience managing projects and/or teams in the delivery of Microsoft Dynamics oriented projects
- Experience evaluating customer requirements and producing design and project documentation
- Azure knowledge, experience working with and managing cloud environments
- Strong knowledge of LCS, ALM and Delivery tools
- Good knowledge of Test-Driven development
- Strong work ethic; Ability to work in non-structured work environment (i.e. remotely, home office, etc.)
- Learns new concepts quickly and thoroughly
- Places emphasis on client satisfaction
- Excellent communication, presentation, training, client relationship and analytical skills
- Ability to solve complex problems with little to no guidance
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems or issues before they occur or become critical.
- Good time management, well organized, consistently meets commitments and creates high level deliverables
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel. Travel will be limited to 50% or less
Level of Independence:
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft based ERP, CRM, SCM solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story.
Arbela was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients.
We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics AX pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new AX solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus.
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.