Project Management Office Lead
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Location: North America — Southern California preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: CEO
Years of Experience: 7-10+ years
Arbela technologies is looking to hire a Project Management Office (PMO) leader managing and coordinating Arbela client and internal projects. This candidate will work across all levels of the organization to develop and implement methodologies, procedures and quality standards. This role will mentor the project management team activities and be responsible for ensuring the highest levels of performance and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will create a change adaptable and lean organization that can take advantage of new opportunities as they arise.
- Responsible for the overall strategy and day-to-day management of project managers and their projects. Sets the standards, mentors on execution and provides overall leadership to the team. Ensures the development of the appropriate PM skills, processes, and tools for project management
- Oversees the project portfolio planning and prioritization process
- Oversees the development and execution of key methodologies and tools
- Streamline and manage the resourcing process for many projects across teams
- Conduct weekly (PMO) resourcing meetings to review assignments and resolve issues
- Directs management efforts to maintain high morale, low attrition and excellent teamwork
- Responsible for oversight of work performed at multiple locations and in a matrix organization
- Ensures cross-functional teamwork, communication and buy-in
- Provides executive level reporting on key performance indicators
- Oversees project engagement budgets and escalates issues that may have negative financial impact
- Proactively mitigate, resolves and escalates project issues
- Works with team to assist with career development and achievement of corporate and department goals
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship
- Recommends process improvements
- Dynamics AX and CRM and other large scale ERP project and program management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Organizational Development or related discipline, Minimum of 7 years of experience across a combination of areas such as: program management, change management, facilitation, coaching, training development, communications, and operations
- Strong Project Management, Process Improvement, Change Management and Communication skills
- Knowledgeable of project management best practices and ability to mentor and train on project management deliverables
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a software consulting, implementation or development projects
- Skilled at leading and coordinating across diverse teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Excellent communication, presentation, client relationship and analytical skills. Demonstrated experience presenting and interfacing with C-Level Executives
- Capable of facilitating (design sessions, conflict resolutions, brainstorming, etc.).
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems, issues or concerns before they occur or become critical
- Well organized and consistently meets commitments and delivers high-quality deliverables
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and nebulous environment with limited direction
- A strong work ethic and an ability to be a self-starter
- Service-oriented and positive attitude
- Expertise in Microsoft Office tools
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- PMP Certification is a plus
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel. Travel will be limited to 50% or less
Level of Independence:
In order to succeed, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft-based ERP, CRM, SCM solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story. Arbela was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients. We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics AX pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new AX solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus.
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.