Senior Data Warehouse Designer
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Location: North America - Southern California preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Tim Harris - VP Strategy & Solutions
Years of Experience: 5+ years
This job role is with-in the Arbela BI and Analytics practice. Our team of developers, data warehouse design, visualization and data scientists round out a practice capable of delivering solutions for our customer base. Arbela also supports its own Azure DW/DB star schema database and Power BI front end solution for the Dynamics AX marketplace.
We are looking for an individual whom is capable of providing Data warehouse design, ETL and reporting solutions for our customer base and prospects. You will work hand in hand with our product managers on our ADI Product as well as develop unique solutions for our customer analytic and business intelligence needs.
- Plan, create, coordinate, and deploy data warehouses.
- Design end user interface.
- Create best practices for data loading and extraction.
- Develop data architecture, data modeling, and ETFL mapping solutions within structured data warehouse environment.
- Develop reporting applications and data warehouse consistency.
- Facilitate requirements gathering using expert listening skills and develop unique simple solutions to meet the immediate and long-term needs of business customers.
- Supervise design throughout implementation process.
- Design and build cubes while performing custom scripts.
- Develop and implement ETL routines according to the Data Warehouse design and architecture.
- Support the development and validation required through the lifecycle of the Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence systems, maintain user connectivity, and provide adequate security for data warehouse.
- Monitor the c and BI systems performance and integrity provide corrective and preventative maintenance as required.
- Manage multiple projects at once.
- Work with our product team on the further enhancement and development of our Arbela Data Insights star Schema Database
- Document designs and communicate/train customers
- Work with On-Premise and Cloud-based solutions and data warehouses.
- Testing and validating designs and data loads
- Act as a catalyst with our Microsoft counterparts and participate in learnings, knowledge transfer to the team
- Microsoft SQL Server DW, BI skills
- Microsoft SSAS – SQL Server Analysis Services
- Microsoft SQL SSIS Packages
- Azure DB, Azure DW, Azure Lake knowledge is an asset
- Strong understanding of the Kimball Star Schema design optimization
- Working knowledge of Visio for documentation of designs
- Power BI knowledge and asset
- Front end Report, Dashboard design is an asset
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- Strong work ethic; Ability to work in non-structured work environment (i.e. remotely, home office) as well as onsite with client and office environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Strong ability to convey technical information to non-technical clients
- Possesses excellent communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Places emphasis on client satisfaction
- Learns new concepts quickly and thoroughly
- Service oriented and positive attitude.
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel. Travel will be limited to approximately <15%
Level of Independence:
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft-based ERP, CRM, SCM solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story. Arbela was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients. We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics AX pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new AX solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus.
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.