Stronger Together - Encouraging Collaboration and Allyship
As a minority-owned business with a growing team of nearly 200 people, 30+ nationalities across North America, Europe and the South Pacific, speaking 21 languages, diversity is in our DNA. We celebrate and thrive on our differences to help realize the full potential of our teams and deliver exceptional service to our clients.
Arbela Technologies is committed to a culture that values openness and respect in recognizing and honoring our differences while focusing on what brings us together. We value what each individual brings to the table regardless of cultural background or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, physical ability, or any other non-merit factor. We understand that diversity and inclusion require continuous engagement and evolution. Our holistic approach in building an inclusive environment involves all of our people, encouraging collaboration, continuous feedback, and allyship to build stronger teams.
Diversity starts with us, but it doesn’t stop here. Our inclusive culture extends from our people to our clients. We focus on cultivating meaningful partnerships and we believe the best way to do this is through trust, knowledge development and sharing, and integrity in delivering outstanding client experiences. We provide each of our clients with the same level of integrity and we are on the cutting edge of discovering and implementing efficient processes.
Advocating for Women in IT
Arbela Technologies recognizes the disparity in representation amongst women and particularly of women of color in the IT industry. To actively promote more diversity among women in IT, Arbela is engaged in a variety of initiatives including:
- Arbela Women Empowered (AWE): Raising the profile of women at Arbela through ongoing company-wide dialog that supports the growth of our people and providing a forum to collectively learn, increase awareness and work together towards this goal.
- Women Inspiring & Sharing Experiences (WISE) Huddles: Providing an open environment for women to share their thoughts and challenges on a monthly basis with the goal of building stronger relationships among women at Arbela.
- Black Women Talk Tech (BWTT): Partnering with Microsoft and BWTT in organizing an App in a Day workshop with an all-female team to offer a forum for upskilling among this underrepresented group. Learn more
- Black Girls Code: Supporting the organization’s ongoing mission to empower girls of color between ages of 7-17 to become innovators and leaders in our communities through exposure to computer science and technology. Learn more
- Women in Manufacturing (WiM): Corporate partnership with WiM, the only national trade association dedicated to providing year-round support to women who have chosen a career in the manufacturing industry. Learn more
Turning Allies into Advocates
It takes all of us to enable a truly diverse and inclusive environment. That's why we encourage continuous dialogue and collaboration to build stronger teams. In addition to Arbela's women's initiatives, we have instituted the AWE Men's Program, a forum that engages Arbela men in routinely and proactively championing inclusion and promoting professional development through advocacy.
Committed to our People and our Community
Our teams are what makes us successful. That’s why Arbela is deeply invested in our people and our community. We strive to ensure our team has the support they need to balance work and personal life, especially during the current pandemic. The company offers channels for regular check-ins and encourages feedback for improving remote working conditions, providing opportunities to engage and strengthen relationships.
Having been named as one of the 2020 Best Places to Work in Orange County, an awards program created by the Orange County Business Journal and Best Companies Group, is a testament to our people and our efforts to provide a meaningful work environment.
We proudly support our broader community through various charities such as:
- Movember.org: Bringing attention to men’s health issues such as depression and suicide prevention, prostate cancer, and testicular cancer. Learn more
- Iranian American Women Foundation (IAWF): Providing a platform for empowerment and networking
among Iranian American women and to provide mentorship to younger generations of Iranians locally
and globally. Learn more
- Camp Sunshine: Enriching the lives of Georgia’s children with cancer and their families through
recreational, educational, and support programs. Learn more