Dynamics 365 Project Operations Functional Consultant
Position Title: Dynamics 365 Project Operations Functional Consultant
Location: United States
Team: SDM or Delivery Manager or Delivery Director
Reports to: TBD
ArganoArbela is seeking a Microsoft Dynamics 365 Project Operations Consultant to join our award-winning, global team. The D365 Project Operations Consultant is responsible for all aspects of the functional workstream. They will be comfortable leading customer-facing functional workshops, teams of functional consultants, interacting with technical workstreams, and business analysts. They will have expert-level knowledge on the out-of-the-box features and functionality and be a champion of delivering against requirements using code-free solutions. They will stay up to date on the latest functionality – Dynamics, Azure, Data & AI, O365 and help mentor team members both in a project and practice context. They must possess excellent consultancy and strong communication skills, capable of dealing with difficult stakeholders and have exposure to all aspects of the project lifecycle, from project inception and requirements gathering, implementation, and adherence to best practice, all the way through to testing, training, and support.
Key responsibilities are:
- Leads the delivery team through all stages of the project to include analyse, design, develop, test and deploy.
- Provides the overall direction of the design, solution, development, and oversight.
- Initial and primary point of customer contact for all delivery project concerns and issues throughout the delivery cycle
- Authors, reviews, and provides guidance for developing high level and detailed architecture, data migration, data integration, security model, ERD, UAT & training plan and other key documentation.
- Authors and delivers an overall Issue Resolution Management plan.
- Acts as the scrum Product Owner and leads daily scrum sessions.
- Provides oversight and management of all DevOps work items to ensure they are assigned, updated, and completed as expected.
- Manages ArganoArbela delivery team resources to ensure assigned tasks are completed in agreed to timeframes.
- Encourages and rewards team members who display behaviour that aligns with ArganoArbela’s WoW program.
Required Qualifications, Experience & Skills
- Expert knowledge of Dynamics 365 Project Operations (formerly D365 PSA)
- 3+ years of Dynamics 365 CE and Project Operations/Project Service Automation experience
- Exposure to/knowledge of Dynamics 365 F&O
- Lead functional workshops with customers, document requirements, and design appropriate solutions
- Work with the Education Team to deliver and create super users and end users training, as needed
- Help customers define and document processes when there are no processes in place
- Assist technical consultants with architecting D365 CE or xRM system, related customizations, and reports to model the client’s organizational processes
- Create and lead functional and solution design and specification documents
- Create detailed backlog work items, including but not limited to user stories, tasks, and estimates.
- Interact with project and program managers to manage, report, and mitigate risks and issues
- Lead and deliver internal sessions on best practices and new functionality and features
- Advise customers on best practices for CRM processes and user interface components
- Work effectively with the sales team on delivering tender response documents, estimates, and customer demonstrations
- Proven ability to organize a virtual team of CE / CRM consultants working from different locations (including offshore) around project delivery objectives
- Experience leading teams using hybrid, agile methodologies
- Enjoys, thrives, and exudes confidence in client facing interactions
- Can quickly and seamlessly position yourself as a trusted partner and subject matter expert
- Ability to act as a lead for the engagement both with internal teams and the customer.
- Lead and work with the customer and internal teams with Architects that represent other line of business applications like Finance and Operations, PowerBI, etc.
- Has a solid grasp of migration, integration, D365 line of business application capabilities, and CE technical and functional capabilities.
- Working knowledge of Power Platform, Azure, Office 365, Azure Data Factory, and other related technologies.
- Competent, capable, and familiar with all aspects of CE / CRM delivery projects.
- Work with the customer and internal teams on infrastructure requirements, implementation, and configuration.
- Ability to lead, support, and participate in SOW reviews, user story pointing and other user story development practices, estimating, pre-sales demos, and other sales support activities.
- Strong advocate for adherence to standards, best practice, and delivery processes.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work in a cross functional team
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to take ownership of tasks and activities and drive them to completion
- Ability to travel up to 50% depending on project complexity and customer expectations.
Additional Qualifications & Skills
- Stay current on Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement and related technologies, particularly Azure stack technologies that support the solution.
- Ability to balance short-term demands while maintaining the long-term vision needed to guide a customer through the implementation process
- Ability to lead functional teams within multiple projects with both onshore and offshore resources
- Industry-leading broad knowledge of subject area and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems
- Ability to act as a lead and able to demonstrate clear approach to methodology as well as functional capabilities
- Excellent communicator with ability to operate within cross-functional team
- Ability to work with junior team members both in a project and practice context
- Expected to be flexible with time and capable of working in a process-oriented environment
- Extensive professional experience within an IT consultancy environment
- Extensive hands-on experience as either a D365 CE functional lead and/or D365 CE senior functional consultant
- At least 8 end-to-end full lifecycle implementations of Dynamics 365 CE
- Experience with SharePoint integration with D365 CE
- Exposure to Azure DevOps or other similar enterprise planning and delivery tools
- Excellent client-facing skills, e.g., verbal, client demonstrations, deliver training at all levels within an organization
- Advanced use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Azure DevOps, SharePoint, and Visio
- Ability to work on all project delivery methodologies
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Power Automate, Power Apps, Data Verse, and Power BI
- Current Dynamics 365 CE certifications.
- Mentor staff to ensure the team grows in their desired career paths.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems Management, Computer Science, or related field
- Demonstrated ability to work in a constantly changing environment with limited direction
- Ability to ‘get things done’ across the breadth of own organization
- Experience working with a multicultural and/or multilingual team across several time zones
- Proven Technical Architecture experience
- 8+ years’ CE/CRM experience and 15 + medium/large CE/CRM implementations
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.