Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O – Sr. Functional Consultant in Support
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Support
Years of Experience: 4-10+ years
Arbela is looking to hire an experienced Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O – Sr. Functional Consultant in Support to join its large Microsoft Dynamics practice. As a member of the professional services team you will be working closely and effectively with our customers and responsible for reviewing clients’ business process, providing solid analysis, assessing solutions and advising our customers on how to best meet their goals.
We are looking strong professionals with deep industry experience in the next areas:
- Customer service (Sales and Marketing)
- Inventory management
- Warehouse & Transportation Management
- Production execution
- Project and Service Accounting
A successful Senior Functional Consultant candidate should have very good experience in at least two indicated areas above.
Consulting Responsibilities (50%):
- Participates in every aspect of the solution implementation from analyzing the customer’s business requirements to configuring and testing the Microsoft Dynamics application to meet the customer’s needs
- Collaborates with stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure a comprehensive set of requirements, aligned to business objectives, gaining full understanding of current business processes and identifying opportunities for improvements.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics application and evaluates the customer’s business processes against the standard Microsoft Dynamics functionality.
- Responsible for following Arbela Agile Implementation methodology; understands the key activities and deliverables for the client engagement and internal projects, reuses all standard templates and project artifacts and improves quality of Arbela documentation assets.
- Fully utilizes Microsoft Technology and ALM stack (LCS, BPM, VSTS, Task guides, PowerApps, Office 365, etc).
- Provides ongoing input to the delivery practice through suggestions and implementations of practice improvements
- Responsible for documenting the business requirements which express what actions a solution must take and what outcome is expected.
- Responsible for configuring and customizing the Microsoft Dynamics application to achieve the customer’s business requirements.
- If modifications/customizations are required, either to processes or to the Microsoft Dynamics application, the Senior Functional Consultant facilitates the customer’s decision-making process and develops the functional design document that will drive the development process.
- Responsible for conducting acceptance testing and training customer resources to successfully use and maintain the Microsoft Dynamics application.
- Plans and oversees the execution of the CRPs and UATs in collaboration with the project manager and gathers early user feedback on the solution from key customer stakeholders. Validates that the solution will satisfy the customer’s requirements after a POC or UAT.
- Responsible for contributing valuable assets into Arbela Knowledge base and Implementation methodology toolbox
- Has deep industry experience and understands challenges and risks when implementing Microsoft Dynamics and Vertical applications.
Support Responsibilities (50%)
Provide structured support to Arbela customers including:
- Triage support cases
- Review open issues that are assigned in Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
- Provide technical support for customers
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues within their skillset which requires strong ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) experience for complex setup
- Do requirements analysis for non-support issues
- Assist in process documentation for as is process to provide better practice for use of Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O
- Proactively manage and maintain support cases in the support system
- Governance of customer support issues:
- Ensure all customer SLAs are met
- Persistent and customer focused follow-up on open issues
- Act as a liaison and drive cross-functional coordination to provide efficient issue resolution – Assign to appropriate resources after analysis if additional help is required and provide proper direction to end user on resolution
- Keep the customer updated with timely and frequent information
- Ability to work on critical issues in a time sensitive environment
- Escalate issues as necessary – Review open issues as required and press for resolution
- Senior level consulting experience in Microsoft Dynamics application with focus on business modeling and solutions implementation.
- Candidate should have at least 4+ years of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 and D365 F&O implementation experience and have participated in a minimum of 3 complete life cycle implementations
- Good understanding of existing Microsoft ALM stack and experience using it.
- Ability to use VSTS/TFS as a consulting task tracking tool
- Complete understanding and following Process-driven implementation approach
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Analyze and understand business problems.
- Apply high-level solution architecture and design (Functional and/or Technical)
- Analyze, understand, and dissect business processes and re-engineer with best practices
- Document and capture business requirements and processes properly
- Model data and processes.
- Conduct workshops and training sessions.
- Plan and carry out system and user acceptance testing.
- Provide professional support
- Familiar and experienced in:
- Core application functionality
- Application technology stack
- Implementation Methodology
- Deep Industry Knowledge and Best practices
- Working knowledge of process development and industry specific best practices
- High degree of insight and analytical skill
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and solve problems proactively
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution
- Excellent facilitation, discovery, analysis, and prototyping skills
- Team-oriented; willing to align work with team’s priorities and goals
- Creates high-quality deliverables
- Excellent communication, presentation, training, client relationship and analytical skills.
- Places emphasis on project value and client satisfaction
- Successful completion of applicable product certification exams.
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- Experience in solution architecture is highly desirable
- Good understanding and experience in implementation project and engagement management
- Experience in upgrading to the latest releases of Dynamics 365 F&O
- Experience in providing pre- and post-sales support for MS Dynamics 365 F&O is considered a plus
- Experience with other modules is also desirable
- Strong work ethic; Ability to work in non-structured work environment (i.e. remotely, home office, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills
- Self-Starter with ability to handle multiple tasks and shifting priorities
- Solves complex problems with creative solutions
- Learns new concepts quickly and thoroughly
- Directly interacts with customers to resolve conflicts and issues with the goal of improving and maintaining positive relationships.
- Requires the ability to change the thinking of, or gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations without damage to the relationship.
- Demonstrated experience presenting and interfacing with C-level executives
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems or issues before they occur or become critical.
- Good time management, well organized, consistently meets commitments and creates high level deliverables
- Ability to solve complex problems with little to no guidance
- Ability to work in a constantly changing and nebulous environment with limited direction.
- A strong work ethic and ability to be a self-starter
- Service oriented and positive attitude.
Travel is an integral part of this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel.
Level of Independence:
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft based ERP, CRM, SCM solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story.
Arbela was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients.
We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new D365 solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus.
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.