Microsoft Dynamics AX – Dynamics 365 F&O Sr. Technical Consultant – Installation & Environment Management
Practice Area: Consulting Services
Location: North America - Southern California preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director of Technology
Years of Experience: 3+ years
Arbela is looking to hire an experienced Microsoft Dynamics AX – Dynamics 365 F&O Sr. Technical Consultant – Installation and Environment management to join and lead its large Microsoft Dynamics practice. As a member of the professional services team you will be working closely and effectively with our customers and responsible for reviewing clients’ environment needs, providing solid hardware and software sizing, analysis, assessing existing infrastructure, architecting cloud solutions and advising our customers on how to best meet their goals.
A successful candidate should have very deep practical hands-on experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O Installation and Environment management, Performance optimization, SQL and Infrastructure side and have X++ and SSRS development skills. Also, understanding of Azure components and administration techniques and willingness to learn it deeper is a big plus
- Installing, configuring and maintaining all infrastructure aspects of Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O.
- Support the installation, configuration and maintenance of the business applications running on Microsoft Windows servers; including Microsoft Dynamics ERP.
- Analyze ongoing infrastructure requirements and help manage the short and long term technology strategy.
- Technical Responsibilities including multi-tiered and cloud-based application support
- Basic AD Administration and overall environment responsibility in multi-instance AX environment.
- Design, Develop, Test and monitor AX implementation – Disaster recovery, Performance monitoring, Backup plans, Restore and Synchronization, Release management.
- Perform code promotions for Dynamics AX Application, backup/restore AX Databases on SQL
- Monitor and fine-tune the business applications to achieve optimum performance levels – utilizing all available performance monitoring tools – including LCS environment management and Azure performance monitoring
- Create, Deploy and Configure SSRS and SSAS.
- Installing and Configuring SharePoint.
- Installing and Configuring of DMF tools and other tools.
- Provide technical support for problem resolution by working with application developers, vendors, and customers’ infrastructure team members.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation for hardware/software configuration, and standard procedures.
- Contributing valuable assets to Arbela knowledge base
- Experience in installing and configuring Microsoft Dynamics AX (2012 R2, R3; D365 F&O) and related components
- Understanding of X++ development language, ability to read the X++ code, troubleshoot, develop new customization’s and SSRS reports
- Experience in installing and configuring Microsoft SQL Server including Database Mirroring, High Availability Groups
- Experience with VMware solutions, Microsoft HyperV, current versions of Windows Server and SQL Server
- Experience of managing systems in a global cloud based environment, including multi-tenant customer data centers and cloud based infrastructure strategies with Microsoft Azure
- Experience in Help Desk solutions environment and terminal services and/or virtual desktop
- Good experience administering Windows Server, Networks and AD.
- High proficiency in the use of personal computer and networking software, hardware and related equipment and computer maintenance and automated installation tools and equipment
- The ability to troubleshoot complex technical problems and cooperatively resolve problems with vendors and end users
- Solid troubleshooting skills as well as good communication skills both orally and written
- Confidence and willingness to learn
Additional Preferred Skills & Considerations:
- Good Azure knowledge and experience working with and managing cloud environments is a big plus
- Experience in installing and configuring Microsoft CRM is a big plus
- Microsoft Power BI experience is a big plus
- Experience evaluating customer requirements and producing design and project documentation
- Good knowledge of LCS, ALM and Delivery tools
- Strong work ethic; Ability to work in non-structured work environment (i.e. remotely, home office, etc.)
- Learns new concepts quickly and thoroughly
- Places emphasis on client satisfaction
- Excellent communication, presentation, training, client relationship and analytical skills
- Ability to solve complex problems with little to no guidance
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving skills, particularly with regard to anticipating and solving problems or issues before they occur or become critical.
- Good time management, well organized, consistently meets commitments and creates high level deliverables
Travel is expected for this position; candidates must be willing and able to travel. Travel will be limited to 25% or less
Level of Independence:
In order to function effectively, this person must have a high level of independence, show initiative, and be highly motivated. This must be done in a manner which is consistent with the team management structure.
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to join the market leader in the innovation and delivery of enterprise scale Microsoft-based ERP, CRM, SCM solutions, help Arbela’s customers drive value through innovation, and be part of the Arbela success story.
Arbela was recently named as one of the 2016 Best Places to Work in Orange County. Arbela offers its people superb working conditions such as career development and training programs, a very collaborative culture and a focus on customers and clients.
We’re looking for talented individuals with proven commercial experience of operating within consultancy-based environments, who are able to assist in the Dynamics pre-sales, participate heavily in the design and development of new D365 F&O solutions, and interact with clients on a strong level of consultancy-oriented analysis and communication skills.
- A market leading salary
- Private healthcare
- Extended benefits, allowance and performance related bonus.
- You’ll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including technology and management training.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.