Here's how & why you should upgrade your CRM to the cloud
It can be overwhelming to learn a new process when it comes to technology. The digital world is ever-changing, and sometimes it’s hard to keep up, especially when it can seem like companies are churning out updates with no noticeable changes. Sometimes, however, it’s truly an update which offers your company benefits you’re missing out on.
Upgrading your CRM to the cloud is one of the latter. We’ve compiled the top reasons to consider how and why to upgrade to CRM Online:
- If your company is growing: More integration and ease within your services means more time to invest in your customers.
- If your infrastructure is outdated: If you feel that you’d benefit from an upgrade, chances are that you will, so take the step.
- If your IT department’s skill sets are limited: On-premise updates are done manually, but with the cloud integration, chances of human error are negated.
Here are some considerations to make the transition as smooth as possible:
- First, you need to make sure your current Dynamics CRM is eligible to migrate to the cloud. The points at which your CRM and the Internet connect must be verified.
- Next, in order to purchase the correct licenses, you need to determine which aspects your users will actually be using. CRM Online offers integrations that On-premise does not, like Excel Online and other Office 365 platforms.
- Upgrading your customizations can seem like an intimidating task, but if you keep up, the process can be seamless. It is important to note that customization transfers can only be performed from one version previous, so you may have to go through multiple transfers if you are behind more than one version. The updates are applied automatically, with permission from the admin.