How to Change Your Dynamics 365 Trial to a Previous Version
By Skylar Macromallis, CRM Technical Consultant, Arbela Technologies
Any time you create a new trial of Dynamics 365, your instance will default to the latest available version. However, there are times in which a previous version is necessary for testing purposes, as said previous version is likely what current clients are using.
Using the Dynamics 365 Administration Center, you can reset your new trial instance to an earlier version.
- If you do not already have an existing trial of Dynamics 365, sign up for one at https://trials.dynamics.com/
- Navigate to the Dynamics 365 Administration Center from the Office 365 Admin Portal
- By default, your instance will be set to Production. To change this to a Sandbox, click on Edit.
- Under Instance type, select Sandbox, then Next
- On the next screen, Save
- You will be redirected back to the Dynamics 365 Administration Center. From here, click Reset-- be aware, that this will remove all data from the instance.
- From this next screen, select the desired version and Dynamics 365 apps to be installed.
- Confirm to reset
The process to reset will only take a few minutes and upon completion, you will be able to use your instance.